Saturday, August 2, 2008

P8020040


P8020040
Originally uploaded by blackcatsynthesist
when I made this blog almost a year ago I think cooking stuff was what I primarily imagined it would be for...that clearly went well...but I finally cooked something! I used to make Moong Dhal all the time, but this is the first time I've been able to make it with the actual moong dhal split beans instead of yellow split peas...I think the result was richer and smoother...they are also very yellow, as you can see...

I started being interested in Indian cooking after I read Vine of Desire (and God of Small things) because I am a huge nerd. But Moong Dhal is tasty so I am also a lucky nerd.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Anna! I'm gonna have to keep an eye on your blog now that I know you have one ^_^ Even if you hardly get to update it. I hardly update mine anymore too! Too much work...so lazy... Good to hear from you!